Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween ♥

It's October 31st, and the feast of feasts for all those who love the eerie and horrid has arrived.
Ladies and gentlemen, I wish you a happy Halloween 2012 and may those who cross your path be trembling with fear at your sight, if this is what you desire!

I was a little bit frustrated the last days because I thought I wouldn't have a chance to dress up for Halloween this year. Turns out I'm sitting here in my plushy The Nightmare before Christmas bathrobe with my hair wet from being washed, and wearing no fancy make-up that I could present to you - well I guess, overall the looks of me right now might indeed be a bit scary? - BUT I will be most probably attending a Halloween party on Friday evening.

As November 1st is no public holiday here I will have to go to work tomorrow, and afterwards I will attend a Finnish cooking course! I'm very much looking forward to it, and I hope I'll have the chance to take some photos to show them here. Then on Friday, after work, I'll head home and try to replicate my skull look for a suitable appearance for this occasion.

For this purpose I went to a costume shop today and asked for white make-up. I was surprised and happy to find out that they were selling Grimas make-up, which is known for its high durability and amazing effects. I remember I heard somewhere that some of the ingredients are not very good for your skin, but I'm not planning to wear it too often anyway. As I bought the cake make-up in pure white I am not intending to include it in my daily make-up routine. I'm not THAT pale, after all.

I'm curious about how it will work out. The coverage is said to be excellent, I'm just a bit worried about the application. I have to find me a make-up sponge or something like that somewhere...

So, if you are sitting at home alone right now like me, and are terribly bored, and don't have any good horror movies to watch, you might wanna read a Creepypasta or two. I love these kind of stories that rely mostly on your imagination. I'm usually not scared while reading those, however, the things I depict while reading will linger in my mind for hours after reading and give me chills. I just happen to have a very vivid imagination and therefore enjoy this format of horror stories a lot.

If you're more in for the OMGWTF-kind of experience, check out The SCP Foundation. It bares any description, just.... brows through it, read some articles and you'll see. Among them are some rather random  such as this one ♥, weird or even funny articles, however from time to time you just stumble upon something rather odd and creepy, and then there is things like THIS. Enjoy :)

Alternatively, freak out your geeky side with Cracked.com's 8 Creepiest Glitches in popular video games and another 6 more of them.

You could also prepare yourself for an upcoming zombie apocalypse by facing the amazingly gruesome zombification skills of adorable Arina or enjoy the artistic work of Zeitzeugin who has some wicked watercolor skills.

Or you could gather ideas for potential Halloween costumes for next year on my friend BloodyJule's blog or on Lilith's Dark Tower. But be careful with your choice, because as Cracked.com shows us, we can apparently tell a lot about people from their Halloween costume! 

In terms of Halloween decoration, I bet Dunkelelb's Halloween party is a real blast (I mean, look at that stuff. It's crazy. Creepy. And just awesome.) and cannot be topped by much, don't you think?

So how about you? How do you spend or did you spend Halloween, what did you dress up as this year and do you already have plans for next year?
I hope you enjoy the night and don't let the zombies bite you ♥


1 comment:

  1. Dann mal viel Spaß auf der Party morgen und beim Kochkurs :) Kocht ihr da finnische Spezialitäten? Wäre voll cool, das ein oder andere zu sehen - ich kenn mich da nämlich nicht so aus ^^
    Ich habe ein Sugar Skull geschminkt und war beim gemütlichen Zusammensitzen und mampfen bei Freunden XD Und nächstes Jahr würde ich am liebsten eine eigene Halloween-Party schmeißen - so richtig übertrieben wie bei den Amis XD

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)