Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dead but still walking

 I can't play any games since about a week ago my mouse stoped working, and I planned on buying a cheap one when I'm back in Austria, so when I'm not at work I'm spending my time reading or drawing at the moment...  

Who sucks at backgrounds? I suck at backgrounds! Whooo!
I feel like my creativity is sheer endless at the moment, I have so many ideas what to do, but I usually can't get it done the way I have it in mind. I still somehow like that picture, though as all of my drawings it does not feel very "alive" and... I don't know, just dead. Maybe it feels different to others, but to me, my pictures just lack that "certain something" and I can't really figure out how to get it :(
However, in this case, it's no problem she looks a little dead, because she is supposed to :D And I like how her plushie bunny turned out XD

I tried this coloration technique with SAI's watercolor layer effect that I learned from watching Seena's Speedpaints. It's a lot of fun, but I guess with more practice the effect would look much better and be more noticable than it is now.

At the moment I just wish I had all day to practice drawing and get better at it, but sometimes I just can't draw a single straight line. So after all I guess it was a good choice not to aim for a job that relies on talent and creativity, since my creativity and ability is like a geyser with random eruptions that I can't control in any way. Would be a rather unreliable income source if that was my job.

Anyway. I enjoy drawing a lot at the moment, even if I'm not too happy with the outcome sometimes - I'm just glad I have something to keep me busy other than work. Only one more week to go! Actually, in 7 days time I'll be on the plane to Vienna already. I'm looking forward to Christmas ♥

5 comments:

  1. wegen deines daaaaaaaaw - twitter tweets *hugs'n'cuddles for you*
    zum bild kann ich mal wieder sagen: hübsch, sieht mir wie immer aber leider gar nicht ähnlich ;3 (jetzt sinds schon 2Jahre)

    halt die öhrchen steif,
    meine lieblingskrähe :D

    grüssli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo, die Ähnlichkeit ist doch wohl unbestreitbar, vor Allem die Frisur, Haarfarbe und der Kimono ;'D
      Ich geh ja schon und schäm mich .////.

      Delete
  2. Also, ich mag den Hintergrund, wie auch das ganze Bild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. superschönes bild :) gib mal ein bisschen ab, von deinem kreativitätsfluss, könnte es gut gebrauchen :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. mir gefällt das bild total, und der hintergrund passt einfach super dazu XD ich finde deine bilder echt schön *______* ich wünsschte, ich könnte nur annähernd so gut zeichnen...

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)