Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rainbow dreams

A while ago, I decided to take part in a logo competition for an online wig-store. I was drawing this back in January after I came back from Austria, but I didn't want to show it before it was uploaded on their facebook fan page. But here's my entry for you to see:

I actually used Asu's hair in her current banner pic as a reference for all the curls! I think I need to practice on drawing hair much more :'D
Well, anyway - yesterday they announced the winner, unfortunately my entry wasn't chosen. Of course I am a bit disappointed, because I put a lot of effort into it. But it makes happy to see that my entry got over 80 likes so far in their album with all the entries. I was stunned to see how many people like my art, because usually I don't get that much positive feedback. So, at least I feel confident that I did a good job, even though I didn't win!

The price would have been awesome - you get 1 wig of your choice every month for 6 months for free. As I am planning to get some more wigs (instead of bleaching my own hair and dying it in a fancy color) it would have been amazing to win. Now I'm thinking I might just order something from their shop anyway. The wigs are not too expensive, and the great thing is that they're UK based so I wouldn't have to worry about customs.


Well, I'm not sure yet. I feel bad about spending money, though I am currently doing quite well with my expenses. I mentioned earlier that I don't feel like buying anything at the moment, which is not entirely true, actually there are some things I'd love to have, I just always feel terrible to spend money on "useless" things like fashion or wigs ;__; It's just sad... 
Also, it really sucks that I didn't earn any money these past 6 months. I just have the money I got from scholarships and the state, so I can't feel comfortable spending it on something "for fun" right now... oh well.

Anway, I used the picture for myself in the end, since they didn't want it. If you head over to my facebook page you can see it! Hope you like it :D

8 comments:

  1. ich finde dein Bild total schön, die Farben sind so richtig geil! Und ne gute Idee, Asus tolle Haare als Vorlage zu nehmen, die findet jeder gut :D

    also, du solltest dir ab und zu mal was gönnen ^^ auch wenns für "sinnlose" Dinge ist, aber gelegentlich muss sowas sein. Du bist nur einmal jung und mit 40 wirst du sowas nicht mehr tragen wollen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find ich ganz toll, dass du dich überhaupt getraut hast, daran teilzunehmen :)
    Die Idee und auch Umsetzung find ich ebenfalls klasse!
    Ist zwar schade, dass du nicht gewonnen hast, aber es ist schön zu hören, dass du dich auch an dem positiven Feedback erfreuen kannst <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich finde deinen Beitrag am schönsten (ohne schleimen zu wollen und nachdem ich alle Beiträge gesehen habe). Du hättest verdient gewonnen. Aber manchmal soll es einfach nicht sein :(

    Ich finde du solltest kein schlechtes Gewissen haben, schließlich leistest du dort an der Uni auch etwas. Da darfst du das dir zur Verfügung gestellte Geld auch für dich ausgeben :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich find deinen Beitrag toll! :)
    Aber ich denke, es ist voll ok, wenn du dir eine Perücke einfach so kaufst - du trägst sie ja auch und manchmal muss man sich auch mal was gönnen ;)

    Btw sitz ich nun seit langem mal wieder am Laptop und sehe dein Design - aaaah so toll! Unglaublich schön ist das (am Handy wirds mir ja in der mobilen Version nie angezeigt) :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOooohhhhhHH!!! I love the picture!! ♥ ♥
    The price would have been more than great, too bad you didn't win. I honestly think yours is the best one. I love those kind of circly-tribal-elven types of thingies (don't know how to explain it in english).

    I would be so happy if I could do illulstrations like you, they are so adorable! ^__^

    ~ Frillycakes ♥ ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you ♥ Also thanks for liking my facebook page :D I saw it just now ^^

      Delete
  6. dein beitrag ist meiner meinung auch der beste :o allein die qualität schlägt die anderen um längen, wieso hast du bitte nicht gewonnen? :D ist aber auch an mir irgendwie vorbeigegangen, sonst wäre mein like viel früher gekommen :(
    perücken sind so aufregend :D ich brauchte eine für mein cosplay, aber wieso sich nicht mal einfach so was gönnen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, ich finde deinen beitrag total toll *______* vor allem die vielen schönen farben haben es mir angetan :D du hast da echt was tolles gezaubert :D

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)