Saturday, March 9, 2013

Madame Butterfly

Hello everyone!

I am finally able to show you some pictures from the little "photo shoots" I had a few days ago!
Since my friend Mimi is studying to become a make up artist, she needed a few models for her portfolio, and she asked me if I wanted to model for her too! Of course I was very excited and happy about it! She needed an idea for the topic "theater make up" and was already thinking about doing something Geisha-like, and I immediately thought of Madame Butterfly, thinking we could somehow incorporate my butterfly tattoo in the pictures.

The make up itself took maybe 1 1/1 hours to put on, then we spent another eternity with my hair which, as usual, refused to be styled in any way XD But in the end, we got some quite decent photos.

I edited them quite a bit, to enhance the overall impression, as on the originals it was mainly important to see the execution of the make up, since the portfolio will be graded. But for my personal enjoyment I edited the hell out of them 8D Here we go!


This is not the "good" side of my face XD But it turned out quite nicely ^^


I like it how for some reason the white wall in the background cot a color gradient XD Whatever.

Aaaand number three :3 The color's a bit off >___<

I'm really really proud of Mimi's work, I think the make up looks great - and I really want to wear a look with red eyeliner sometime soon! I was also asked by her to model for her exam at the end of the month. I'm really honored that she considered me for that job and I'm looking forward to it! :3

I also modeled for Mimi for her body painting task, but I won't show the pictures here, since I do not feel too comfortable about showing myself naked only covered in paint :'D But it was really, really cool - a setting like in a Japanese painting, with a temple on a lake side, mirrored in the water, where koi were swimming, and lots of cherry blossoms covering one of my arms :) But it was really tiring, though I had the least actual work to do - I was just lying around while Mimi and her friend where "painting" me - it took maybe 4 or 5 hours till it was done and at that point my back already hurt terribly from lying without moving for such a long time! But other than that it was actually quite relaxing.

So, what do you think about the pictures?
I remember that I was told a while ago here on my blog (anonymously of course...) that my editing is shitty, but I think I did a quite nice job this time...?

14 comments:

  1. Ich find das Ergebnis awesome!!! <3
    Der Geishalook steht dir total und Mimi hats toll umgesetzt! <3
    Und deine Bearbeitung find ich auch total gelungen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mir gefallen die Bilder. Auf dem 2. verschmilzt du fast mit der Wand, das gibt irgendwie einen coolen Effekt :D
    Und die anderen Fotos klingen auch schön, aber ich würd mich wohl auch nicht nackig im Internet hochladen wollen :´D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total toll *__*
    Ich glaube, Geisha und nicht-freier Nacken ist voll unsexy tituliert und geht gaaar nicht, aber für europäische Sehgewohnheiten ist das schon sehr schön ^^ Ich mags jedenfalls sehr gerne leiden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, da kannst du gut recht haben XD Ich muss gestehen, ich bzw wir haben uns mit dem Them "Geisha" jetzt nicht soo stark auseinandergesetzt, und zur inspiration einfach ein paar Bilder gegoogelt :'D Danke jedenfalls!

      Delete
  4. Du hast aber auch so ein Geisha-Gesicht, du bist da irgendwie prädestiniert für so ein Make-up :) gefällt mir gut.
    Was die Bearbeitung angeht, ich finde es an sich gut (also vom technischen her), nur ein bisschen too much für meinen Geschmack. Weiß jetzt nicht, ob es an den Fotos oder an der Bearbeitung liegt, aber man erkennt kaum Strukturen im Gesicht, das finde ich eben zu viel. Aber es ist auch die Frage des Geschmacks, von daher :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teils-teils würde ich sagen XD Da war schon ziemlich viel make-up in Verwendung, so dass ich das wenige was man sah bei der Korrektur der Farben recht stark verschluckt wurde. Auf jeden Fall vielen Dank :D

      Delete
  5. Sehr hübsch! Besonders die Haare mit den Blumen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *O*! That's so cool!

    1 1/2 hours is a really long time. It must have felt kind of like being pampered at a spa, hm? ^^ She did a great job on the makeup, and you did a great job modeling.

    I think body paint artwork is really cool, but I understand why you didn't feel comfortable uploading it x)

    ReplyDelete
  7. die bilder sehen sehr schön aus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Die Bilder sind unglaublich <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. die bilder sind wunderwunderschön *_* und das make-up ist einfach nur toll <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das ist so unglaublich gut geworden *_*

    Ich würde ja auch manchmal gerne modeln, bin aber dann doch zu feig ^^

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)