Thursday, November 21, 2013

Catching Fire

So, I went to the premiere of Hunger Games 2: Catching fire just yesterday!
How about you, have you seen the movie at the premiere in your country as well or do you plan on seeing it?

I can really recommend the movie, it is very good - and that's something I very rarely say about a movie where I've read the book before!
I read all three books last autumn/winter when I was in Finland, and I was totally fascinated by the story. Back then, the first movie had already been released, so this summer I took the chance to watch it on a borrowed DVD. I never would have thought that they would manage to get the story across so well! Though I have to say, I liked the first book better than the movie. With the second movie, however, they did and even better job and I liked it much more than the first.

My 'Catching Fire' inspired look. Too bad my only matte red eye shadow has such a pink undertone :<


So, in case you haven't seen any of the movies, I can really recommend you go watch them!
The story is captivating and the actors are really, really good. I don't remember ever having seen a movie where I cried so much, haha! I started to cry every single time something bad happened, and on top of that I often started to cry before something actually happened because as I had read the books I already knew what was about to happen ^^"


Lately I've been wondering a lot about what to do with my hair. It's been growing for 15 months now without being cut. While the ends are somewhat thin, there are no split ends and overall they look rather okay, I guess. People keep asking me in disbelief whether this is all my real hair, and I wonder if that means it looks fake? :'D
Anyway, what bugs me most are my grown-out bangs. I hate this middle-lenght weird shit that's going there right now, there's just too much volume on one side of my head and almost nothing on the other <_< I miss the look I had last year roughly around that time, when my horrendous haircut from summer was just enough outgrown to look pretty decent. Also you can see my roots on that picture above, haha :'D They're pretty bad by now, but I just don't have time to dye them... nor do I have money to go to the hairdresser (which I actually had wanted to do around my Birthday ins September already). Maybe I will have a chance to get a haircut before Christmas. Still, I wonder what I should do with my bangs. My boyfriend doesn't like bangs at all, but I like to have them because I feel like they make my face look less huge :X Don't know what to do...


Talking about hair.
If you don't know what to do with your hair, luckily there's the option to wear a wig, right?
Before I went to the cinema I met with my boyfriend to do a little shopping. We bought a new printer because ours died a while ago, and I also bought something I had been looking for for a while now:

When I cut the bangs I was wearing the wig, which is why it turned out rather asymmetrical XD

I bought this (totally overpriced <_<) piece of Styrofoam so I'd have an easier time cutting my wigs and hopefully also wear them more often! I also got new circle lenses just today, the ones I got to chose for free because I wore the Halloween Contest by Pinky Paradise :3 I chose a pair of greenish lenses this time, as I'd always wanted to try green ones, and I'm super excited to try them out soon! On Saturday, I will participate in a super secret project which will very likely involve dressing up in Sweet Lolita, so I will wear the wig & lenses on that day :) I will try to take some photos! 

Until then, I still have homework to do and I have to go to work tomorrow, so I'd better get stared now!
See you~

10 comments:

  1. hach, das Make-Up ist toll <3
    wir schauen uns den Film am Samstag an, bin schon gespannt :3 Fand die Bücher auch toll

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww voll schön *____* du kannst so tolle AMU´s zaubern!

    Den Film werde ich mir auf jedenfall noch ansehen nur hab ich momentan noch keine Zeit dafür :/ aber ich freu mich schon den zu sehen *O*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hab die Buecher noch nicht gelesen. Da war mir immer zuviel Hype drum.
    Dann kam der Film im Free Tv und ich fand ihn nicht so gut. Aber bei anderen Filmen sind die Buecher ja auch besser als der Film also schob ich es darauf. Fand die Machart auch nicht so toll.

    Dennoch will ich den zweiten Film gucken und es freut mich zu lesen dass dir der Zweite im Vergleich zum Ersten mit Bezug zum Buch besser gefaellt. Das macht doch Mut. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mich hat der Hype eigentlich ziemlich kalt gelassen, vor Allem der Film hat mich vom Trailer her so gar nicht angesprochen, aber die Story klang ganz interessant (ich mag Dystopien) und als ich am Flughafen war, bevor ich nach Finnland geflogen bin, war es ein Spontankauf :)

      Den ersten fand ich auch bei weitem nicht so toll, und irgendwie mochte ich die Schauspieler beim zweiten jetzt auch auf einmal mehr, keine Ahnung wieso :'D

      Delete
  4. Hab die Buecher noch nicht gelesen. Da war mir immer zuviel Hype drum.
    Dann kam der Film im Free Tv und ich fand ihn nicht so gut. Aber bei anderen Filmen sind die Buecher ja auch besser als der Film also schob ich es darauf. Fand die Machart auch nicht so toll.

    Dennoch will ich den zweiten Film gucken und es freut mich zu lesen dass dir der Zweite im Vergleich zum Ersten mit Bezug zum Buch besser gefaellt. Das macht doch Mut. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dein AMU sieht klasse aus. Ich wünschte, ich würde mal so etwas hinbekommen.

    Mein Freund und ich gehen dieses Wochenende in den Film. Die Bücher hab ich gern gelesen, den ersten Film fand ich bis auf ein paar kleine Mängel auch nicht schlecht. Deswegen bin ich sehr gespannt, was mich erwartet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, du siehst wunderschön aus *-*
    Ich habe noch keinen der Filme gesehen ^^"
    Ich geh diese Woche allerdings ins Kino, wenn auch nicht in Hunger Games ;3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, welcher Film denn? Ich hab auch noch zwei weitere Filme auf meiner 'to-see' Liste stehen, aber ich glaube ich werde die nicht abarbeiten können bevor die nicht mehr laufen XD

      Delete
  7. Das Make-up ist total schön <3
    Ich freue mich auch schon total auf den Film und lese gerade das 2. Buch :D

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)