Friday, January 31, 2014

30 Days Lolita Challenge: Day 25 - 30

(Oh, before the start, let me point the little survey on my right side bar out to you! Please leave me a quick vote and/or a comment to the topic in the comments section, thank you!

Here we are, finally this is the last part of the 30 Days Lolita Challenge. It sure was fun to write all these entries, even if I prepared a lot in advance before I actually posted the entries. A month has passed (pretty fast, if you ask me!) and I hope you had some fun reading my answers to all of those questions :) The other entries can be found under the following links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.


Day 25 – Your favorite Lolita themed artwork.

Les Jeunes Filles by Maruka

It really wasn't easy to pick my favorite from Maruka's artworks, but I chose this one because I really like its theme. All of her artworks are absolutely stunning. I love her style and character design and admire her technical skills when it comes to colorations. You can follow her on Instagram for a glimpse of her amazing work.

Day 26 – Your Facebook profile picture.



Day 27 – One song that fits your favorite Lolita style.

I mentioned here that my favorite style is Bittersweet, so ... I guess the obvious answer would be "Bittersweet" by Apocalpytica feat. Ville Valo & Lauri Ylönen. One of my all time favorite songs and the one that made me fall in love with Ville Valo's voice.
Unfortunately I can't find an official upload of the music video, so I won't put a link here, but I surely recommend you check the song out if you don't know it. While it's more melancholic and therefore probably suits the 'Gothic' style better than actual Bittersweet, these are both styles I like a lot so I think this is the perfect song to answer this question.


Day 28 – A picture of the perfect Lolita location.

I think the most beautiful location around here is probably Schloss Schönbrunn. I've been to a meet up that took place there and the castle and gardens are just an amazingly beautiful background for photoshootings, you can go for a walk or have a picnic - it's just very Lolita like. But Vienna has many beautiful castles and I also think castle Belvedere would make a great location for a Lolita meet up or photo shooting!


This was taken in winter and therefore it looks really gray and maybe a bit dull, but in summer the castle has a beautiful garden as well! I sure hope we'll have a meet up there one day :)



Day 29 – A picture of a Lolita you would love to meet for real.


Arina frum Düsterkitsch  - Shiro, kuro, doesn't matter, she always looks so gorgeous!

You probably recognize Arina from my other entry, where I listed her as one of the people who inspire me :3 I'd really like to meet her because she was the person who really got me into the fashion, and also encouraged me to give it a try. I've been reading her blog for... maybe 4 years now, and she was also one of the people who made me want to start my own blog. I love her style in- and outside of Lolita and she is a very friendly person and a lot of fun. It would be awesome to meet her for real one day!



Day 30 – A photo of yourself taken today and 3 good things that have happened over the last 30 days.

Taken today before I left for work - some hours later I got a gold sore ;___;

Yeha! So the challenge is done and I happy that I was able to pull it off, even though I prepared a lot in advance I am glad I was able to post these summaries on schedule :)

There deffinitely happened a lot of good stuff this month! My exams so far went well and I managed to focus more on my work too. On the other hand, this also ate up much more of my time, so when I came home these days I felt incredibly tired and worn out. I'm happy I have 4 weeks without lectures ahead so I can focus on my thesis work and don't have to 'split' my mind all the time.

The three best things this month? Hmm... I'd say...

1. I ordered Rocking Horse Shoes, as a gift 'from me to myself' after I passed all my exams so far. I thought I'd have to wait till March till I get them (that's what it said about the estimated shipping time on ebay) but I got them today already!


2. I finally went to the hairdresser - after 18 months without a haircut! And I am soooo happy with the result ♥ I never had such nice looking bangs, because when I cut them myself I never dared to cut so much hair. But now that its fuller and also coming from the center of my head, and not really being 'parted', it looks so much better X3


3. We had two little 'house warming' parties at the beginning of the month! The first was when my and my boyfriend's families came to visit one afternoon. We ended up with roughly 25 guests in our apartment, but it was okay, not too crammed and really nice :) I got a sweet present from my cousin - a mannequin for sewing! But more on that on a separate post! My friends from high school time visited us too - we have these "ladies' nights" or rather, afternoons, brunches or whatever, from time to time. I made cinnamon rolls and we had such a great time. The best part was that my boyfriend, who knows all the girls because we went to the same school, spent the afternoon with us because he was also really happy to meet them all again. He was playing the role of a "house man" perfectly, serving tea and entertaining the guests - the girls were really impressed that he was so enthusiastic about helping out, hehe ^^ It really was a lot of fun. Aaaaand on that day I also found out that one of these dear friends of mine is actually reading my blog from time to time (hello! *wave*) ! I was really surprised because I honestly didn't expect it, as I don't usually talk about my blog in real life and don't post any links to my personal facebook or such. So I don't know how she found it, but I think it's cool :D She also gave me a belated Christmas present - you saw it in previous posts already, it's a super cute shark hat that I've had on my wishlist for quite some time now ♥


Actually, so many other great things happened this month that I could make this list much much longer ^^ But I'll leave the rest for separate entries that I'll plan for next month!

For now, I'm happy that I've finished the challenge and I hope you liked reading it :) Did you do the challenge too? Leave me a link in the comments if you'd like to!

3 comments:

  1. Oh das erste Bild ist sooo schön, das gefällt mir auch :)
    Ich mag dein FB Profilbild sehr.
    Und Wien ist bestimmt voll von schönen Locations für Lolita-Shootings. So habe es in Erinnerung :)
    Und das Shirt, was du anhast, habe ich auch nur in grau :D
    Ich mochte die Challendge und hab die Einträge gerne gelesen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The artwork is so beautiful! And I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, Bittersweet ist ein tolles Lied :) die Challenge war richtig cool, hat mir gut gefallen :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)