Wednesday, February 26, 2014

8th Winter Lolita Meet-up in Vienna (in spring!)

Back to some happier topics for now - let me show you a few pics of last week end's Lolita meet up in Vienna! After I decided to organize the little meet up for the International Lolita Day in December, Dani thought it would be better to have the traditional winter meet up a bit later in the season - and somehow the weather thought it appropriate to give us spring temperatures for our winter meet up!

But that's okay, I was really happy I didn't have to wear my boots for the meet up and was able to wear my long time planned Old School Gothic inspired outfit!

Robert was there as a photographer and allowed me to post some photos on my blog :)

Photographer:  R.M. Detoyato
Because the temperatures were so warm, I was able to take some photos without a jacket on :3

Photographer:  R.M. Detoyato

I was really unsure what to wear this time because I had so many different ideas, but in the end I wanted to wear this "typical" black and white Gothic Lolita combo. Another important part about the outfit planning that I wanted to wear ma own, natural hair for once. I am really bad at styling my hair, so I decided to go for a straight style and also use my own bangs, sideswept. I just did a bit of teasing to give it volume and make the hair accessories stand out a bit more. Somewhat I still feel like the outfit is unbalanced, but I can't really tell what it is I don't like. It was difficult to decide on hair accessories, because on one hand I wanted to add some white, on the other the hair ended up looking a bit princess-ish, like almost OTT or hime.

Make up closeup :'D Awkward face, sorry XD

I also wanted to try something new with the make up. This kind of "sad eye" look where the outer corner is dropping down is kinda difficult to achieve without looking too unnatural, and I somehow also feel it makes me look old o_o at least from afar. Not sure if I'll wear that look again, but maybe it will have a different effect if I wear a wig/straight bangs. I also had some problems with the lashes, I bought them at Bipa because they look a lot like a pair I ruined recently and loved a lot, but the band is soo rigid that I was barely able to put them on >__< Too bad, because they really would have been perfect for the look!

The main "theme" of the outfit was supposed to be polkadots. I forgot to bring my white-and-black polkadot umbrella, so the bag stands out quite a bit, but actually there is a sheer dotted fabric at the seam of the dress and some of the lace of the blouse is also actually dotted fabric. By the next time I get to wear such an outfit, I hope I'll have found a nice white hand bag to go along better with it :3 Or I'll just have to remember bringing the umbrella XD

Vanessa was so pretty, her coord was really "Alice in Wonderland" like, especially with that wig! Definitely one of my favorite outfits from that day!

Lea also looked beautiful with her honey blonde wig. I love the print of that dress, but I forgot to ask the name of it XD I just love the way she balanced the pink from the print with a pink blouse!

Photographer:  R.M. Detoyato


Everyone was just soo pretty! ♥
I am still a bit shy at meet ups, though I know several people a bit better by now - I just hope I don't come across to awkward :'D I chatted a lot with Federica, from whom I bought a second hand Bodyline skirt that day, it was so nice! I really hope she feels the same and I didn't come across as weird XD


with Federica ♥


We met in Vienna near the Nationalbiliothek (national library) and took some photos outside. Then we went to an exhibition about child photographies within the "Prunksaal" of the library. The entrance fee was totally worth it, even if there had been no exhibition, just the library hall itself was stunning.



I really like this "cultural aspect" about our meet ups, I don't usually go to exhibitions or such in Vienna because mostly I just don't notice the ones I'd be interested in. I definitely should be on the look out more, Vienna has so much to offer!

After the exhibition we went to a nearby Italian restaurant. It was actually a funny story how we ended up there: when Dani tried to make a reservation for our pretty big group, she called and they only talked Italian, and in the end just hung up on her because she couldn't speak Italian! Federica, who is an Italian native speaker, ended up calling there to make the reservation. At the exhibition we realized we would finish much sooner than thought and so she had to call again to ask if we could come already XD It was all a bit complicated, but in the end, quite okay. At the restaurant, one of the waiters even complimented my outfit, haha!

On my way home I started to realize that my feet hurt quite a bit. I really like these shoes but somehow I feel like they are much more uncomfortable than my other pair of Bodyline shoes... I think next time I wear the outfit I'll wear my RHS - the only problem is that I havethis tick that I have to balance colors in a way that a color must be present at least twice in an outfit. So with the wooden sole of the RHS I'd probably have to wear my brunette wig or something, haha! I just really hope it won't get so hot this year, as I'd like some more occasions to wear wigs, especially with Lolita! It's nice to wear own hair from time to time, but with wigs it's just more versatile and I think hair color is also an important part of color balance in an outfit.

Oh, and this is the skirt I bought from Federica:


When I first tried it on, I found it really weird looking, it felt as if there was not enough fabric to properly hold a petticoat and it just looked terribly wonky. But I realized that it was actually just a tad bit too long overall - like my Merry-Go-Round JSK, the skirt part has a much better shape if you take away some cm from the top seam! In this case I just tucked in a bit of fabric using the rubber band, which is why you see that weird bit of black (my petticoat) below my blouse :'D I suppose I'll shorten it some time soon, it does not seem to difficult in that case (I wouldn't have to sew a whole dress back together like with my JSK), so it would be a good practice!

I bought this skirt from her because I wanted to have something for summer that I can use for more casual coords too. At the moment I only have a high waist skirts and JSKs, and if it gets really hot in summer I think I'd rather wear a skirt and blouse or even a casual T-Shirt. The fabric is really nice and some of the lace was replaced with better looking cotton lace. I also got a matching cape with hood, and all in all it was just a really good deal so I decided to buy it :'D I'm looking forward to wearing it sometime soon!

With the weather being so warm lately, spring really seems to be on it's way, so I suppose it won't be long before I will wear lighter colors in Lolita again ^^"

14 comments:

  1. Ich muss zugebeben, dass ich die anderen Outfits von dir lieber mochte, irgendwas stört mich an dem auch etwas :D ich kann aber auch nicht genau sagen was. Und die beiden anderen Mädels haben so tolle JSKs an, haha ich will auch XD
    Die Bibliothek ist wirklich beeindruckend :) sowas ist für mich irgendwie so typisch Wien :) gibt es hier irgendwie kaum :/
    Und den Rock, den du gekauft hast, mag ich auch sehr ;) sieht echt schön aus so das weiß-rosa an dir :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm also mich persönlich stört an dem Kleid dass es mir irgendwie nicht richtig passt. Es ist einfach eine Spur zu weit und sitzt immer etwas locker. Und naja, irgendwie war mein Petticoat anscheinen asymmetrisch "gebauscht", denn auf Fotos aus anderer Perspektive sieht er viel größer und das Kleid somit auch "lolitaförmiger" aus XDD
      Das stimmt, in Wien gibt es schon viele solche Orte :D Musst mich mal besuchen kommen, dann führ ich dich in Wien herum ^^

      Delete
  2. Ich lieeebe diesen Stil an dir so sehr :3
    Dieses schlichte Gothic passt perfekt zu deiner "Aura" (ich weiß es nicht so gut zu beschreiben xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh dankeschön für das schöne Kompliment ^__^

      Delete
  3. Der Print ist Alice and the Pirates St. Mephisto Cathédrale :3 Auch einer meiner Lieblinge. Ich mag dein Outfit, du schaust sehr hübsch aus und ich finds toll das du deine natürlichen Haare "nutzt" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh super, danke für den Hinweis! :D
      Dankeschön ^__^ Ich hatte sie extra noch nachgefärbt in der Nacht zuvor X'D

      Delete
  4. Ich liiiebe dein Outfit. Das von Vanessa mag ich auch. Ach ja, und den rosa Rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschön! :D
      Der Print auf ihrem Kleid ist in meinen Lieblingsfarben, schwarz und hellblau, ich bin auch total drauf abgefahren ^__^

      Delete
  5. Es sieht sososo schön aus! Und die Bilder sind wunderbar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschön! ^__^ Es sind auch ein paar Fotos in der Bibliothek selbst entstanden, u.A. ein gruppenfoto, aber davon hab ich leider noch keine ^^ Aber es war wirklich schön dort!

      Delete
  6. So many pretty cute dolls!
    you all look so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^___^ Hope to see you at the next J-fashion meet up, btw :DD (whenever that may be XD)

      Delete
  7. Das print von Lea ist St Mephisto Cathedral ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! Mittlerweile habe ich es auch schon in Erfahrung gebracht. Wie erwartet "way out of my league" im Moment, aber sehr schön. kommt deifnitiv auf die Liste der Prints die ich mir merken muss, falls ich irgendwann mal wirklich Geld verdiene, lol

      Delete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)