Sunday, February 9, 2014

First Austrian Shironuri Meet-Up ♥

Hey there!

This week end was a really busy one! On Saturday I went to the first Austrian shironuri meet up, kindly organized by ChiChii.
Shironuri is a relatively recent fashion style or trend originating from Japan, and I wasn't really aware of it until a few months ago. When I heard there was going to be a meet up and I got invited, I started to look into it a bit more, looked for inspiration and really stared to consider joining the meet up. However, I was worried that with the characteristic, white full-face make up, I could attract negative attention in the public... but then I had so many ideas for my outfit etc. that I really wanted to go, despite being very tired from working a lot during the week.

It was also my first time wearing some Visual Kei inspired Kodona outfit. I wanted to try "boystyle" for a while now but I was always thinking it would look ridiculous on me with my wide hips and not very slim legs :'D Buuuut I just thought "To hell with that!" and wore an outfit for which I had the idea already a few months back.


The color theme was a bit difficult to decide on. I had wanted to wear that red heart brooch with my white Lolita blouse for a while no. But my white wig has light pink strands, and when I wear colors I'm usually super picky that they must not clash! But with the boots (which have a reddish shimmer) and the coat I think it got evened out somehow. At least I can look at it without cringing, haha!


I chose pinkish-red eyeshadow for my make up as well and did a very "basic" look, with little focus on the eyeshadow and a lot of black eyeliner instead. It was fun to wear no eyebrows for a change, I think with white hair it looks pretty cool, haha. And I like the effect of using colored eyeshadow for contouring!

Now, as for the meet up.
We were supposed to meet at 14:00 in Vienna in a park. I had to go to my parents' place in the morning to pick up the boots (they were on the top of my wardrobe in my old room in a huge box, I had almost forgotten about them!). I went there with full make up already and successfully fooled my stepdad into believing I had bleached my own hair to white for a second, haha. He was amazed that I had actually managed to hide all of my own hair under a wig!

Then I went to Vienna by train. I had already warned the others that I'd arrive about 10min late due to my train schedule, but when I arrived, nobody was there and I got really worried that I had missed everyone and they had went somewhere without me. But as it turned out, everyone else was even more late than me XD
So I waited... and waited... I actually waited a pretty long time, and it got cold due to the wind :< But when I first saw the others, who arrived almost all together at the same time, I forgot about the weather as I tried to socialize. Except for Yukii, Chichii and Metalbeauty I didn't really know anybody there yet, but everyone was really nice and the outfits were so diverse and creative! I was really impressed :)

It was freezing cold and windy, even though the sun was shining and when I left home around noon we had 10°C and it was really sunny! Everyone was wearing warm coats over their beautiful outfits and only took them off shortly for the photos, haha

Compared to the others, I kinda felt like my make up was really not good enough ;__; I have bad skin and it's tough to cover everything up with normal make up already... the white make up I used was from Grimas and I felt like it didn't cover very well, despite the fact that I was able to apply it very evenly this time. Oh well, I just have fucking bad skin and have to live with it. I just felt a bit bad that without really good white make up, it's a bit like missing the point of the whole fashion ^^"

Anyhow - it's nothing that a little bit of photoshop can't fix. So we took a lot of photos in the park, and had a lot of passers-by asking us about our looks, asking to take photos or just making comments on our looks, haha. It was still a pleasant experience compared to my train ride where one guy who apparently thought I wouldn't hear him called me a whore when talking to his friends. I think it's really ridiculous how people sometimes behave when they see someone who dresses very differently from what they're used to see. They think you're a freak because of the way you look, but in the end they behave so utterly idiotic that in my opinion, they make fools and freaks out of themselves! Every Lolita or other alternative fashion fan who had stupidly laughing people take their photo without asking will probably know what I mean. But the people in the park were really nice, and we had a good time and lots of fun chatting and taking photos. A nice elderly couple also took a group picture of all of us!

"Behind the scenes" - Chichii was taking photos and filming!

A photographer was initially supposed to come to the meet up too but he didn't have time in the end, so only ChiChii brought a camera. If I had known before I would have brought my own DSLR, but well... mabye next time. I'll show you the photos from ChiChii in a separate post as soon as she posts them!

Taiga is a super cute cosplayer and also very beautiful as a shironuri "forest spirit"!

We then walked to the Hofburg, and along the Graben to the next subway station, and the plan was to go to a restaurant to have dinner. But since it was almost 17:00 at that time already and I was getting really tired, I decided to head home. I had to bake a cake for a birthday party on Sunday, so I didn't want to linger in the city too long anyway. Nothing weird happened on my way home - no stares, no insults or anything, at least. 


All in all, I was happy with my first attempt at Shironuri, though I believe I have to get better with the white make up in the future (I'd love to simply get better skin but that's unfortunately not possible XD). As for my outfit, wearing Kodona was a great experience. Even my boyfriend told me that he really likes this style and I should wear it more often. And I kinda have to agree with my boyfriend in that I think it suits my body type a bit better than Lolita. Lolita dresses most often make me look a bit chubby but that's also due to the cut of the dresses I have :< But I don't have near as many ideas for Kodona outfits as for Lolita outfits XD

 So, what do you think about the Kodona style, especially in comparison to Lolita? Anyhow, I hope it was "Kodona enough" to be called "Kodona" in the first place, haha. I really have no experience with this style but I hope I did well on my first attempt.
And wearing Shirnouri was a lot of fun too. I hope there'll be another meet up in spring or summer, and I'm already looking forward to the next J-fashion meet up as well! ^____^

18 comments:

  1. Dein Outfit sieht toll aus und ich mag Taigas rosa Haare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! :D Ja auf dem Foto kommt es nicht so gut rüber aber die Rosa-töne waren super aufeinander abgestimmt ^^

      Delete
  2. Honesty~ too busy to read the whole story now, so much to do and so little time! :|
    ..but will come back to read it later (like I do sometimes when I'm busy :P )

    Just had to tell you, that you look so great with this style! <3
    Your whole look is gorgeus, love everything about it!! Shironuri has been very intriguing to me lately and really wanna try it..maybe a photoshoot surrounded my snow..haha..then I would be like a cameleon and no one could see me. xD

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be soo cool! I bet you'd look great in such a setting! I wish we still had some more snow around here... well at least we had a little bit a while ago, but still it's nothing compared to my last winter in Finland XD

      Delete
    2. You're lucky not to be here at the moment or you would be dissapointed..the nice frosty weather lasted only for a while and before it wa so dark and wet all the time and now..argh..it's around zero degrees and the snow is melting, grey weather and much more crappier then it was with much more below zero ( even though many complain if it's like -15, but I preffer that anyday compared to this).

      Delete
    3. True! Okay, I understand that this is no fun at all. In that case I'm happy I'll go to the mountains on the week end for a skiing trip and have some snow there X3

      Delete
  3. du hast was von einem vampir find ich XDD bzw ein bisschen auch von einem j rocker. cooles outfit auf jeden fall und ich finde dein make up voll gut o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, dankeschön! :D Das ist ein super Kompliment, so etwas in der Art wollte ich ja auch bewirken ^__^

      Delete
  4. Ich find dein Make Up sehr gelungen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke ^^ Ich musste etwas mit Photoshop nachhelfen damit es wirklich schön weiß aussieht .__.

      Delete
  5. Ich finds sooo cool! Steht dir total und generell find ich den Stil toll.. Kannte das gar nicht. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich hab das auch irgendwie erst in letzter Zeit verstärkt mitbekommen :'D Ich erinner mich noch dass letztes Jahr bei einem J-Fashion meet up eine Person mit Shironuri make up da war, und ich es da zum ersten mal gesehen und gehört habe, aber wirklich beschäftigt hab ich mich auch erst seit kurzem damit ^^

      Delete
  6. Ich find das Make-up echt gelungen, einfach, aber echt schön. Ich mag den roten Mantel nicht so sehr, aber an sich gefällt mir der Look echt gut. Und hihi, die Stiefel hat man irgendwie so aus den jungen Grufitiejahren über :) sie passen aber auch gut dahin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ja! Ich hatte meine vielleicht 5x an seit ich sie mit 17 gekauft habe XD Aber ich liebe sie! Machen so schlanke Beine, hehe

      Delete
  7. You look really really pretty and I think the outfit also suits you really well =) But I also like your Lolita outfits, I think you should just continue to "experiment" with both =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥ I definitely will :3 I just need more ideas & clothes for Kodona style XD

      Delete
  8. Dein Outfit war wirklich toll! Da brauchst du eigentlich nix um dich zu verbessern, auch nicht bei make-up! Ich hab selber auch total schreckliche Haut aber bei dir ist mir das gar nicht aufgefallen xDDD
    Sorry übrigens dass du so lange warten musstest ;-; Hatten uns n bissl verfahren und dann einfach direkt Yukii und Taiga eingesammelt xD
    Aber freu mich selber auch schon auf ein neues Meet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww dankeschön ♥ Hmm also ich habe nur gemerkt dass im Vergleich zu allen anderen mein make-up viel weniger deckend war, ledier D: Aber ich muss mal sehen ob ich von Grimas ein Creme-Make-Up bekomme, das soll noch besser decken ^^
      Ich freue mich auch schon, bin richtig inspiriert X3

      Delete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)