Friday, May 9, 2014

My Make-up Collection

I've been promising this for ages, so here it finally is: an extensive blogpost about my make up collection.

I hope I'm not gonna bore you to death - I mostly buy my make up in drug stores and when it's on sale (which is also why you see bright discount stickers on most of the stuff, haha) so I don't own any special products and for international readers most of the brands probably won't mean anything to you. I also used this occasion to throw out some unused stuff that I'll probably give away to my mum and/or friends, but I still feel like I have to much make up that I barely use :'D But in my defense: I haven't really bought anything in months, and compared to my time in Krems when I bought a little (useless) something at almost every single trip to the town center, I was working on slimming the collection down to what I really want to keep and didn't really expand - though I'd die to get my hands on another Sleek palette or something from Sugarpill for example!

Well, enough of the blabla, here's what I currently have - I hope you'll enjoy this post!

Attention! Picture Heavy! ;)



~:BASICS:~

Let's start from bottom to top! I don't really have skin care routin so when I do my make up I just wash my face with water and then start.

Foundation, Powder, Concealer


Skin 79 BB Cream - I can't imagine living without it anymore! When I need better coverage I mix it with Gothemtic's "Procelain" Foundation (white, in black flacon) or mix the two nuances "Porcelain" and "Nude" together. My concealer is Alverde's Camouflage Concealer because it's the only one that I found to really cover the shadows under my eyes. I also use loose powder from the same brand. I used compact powder before but most are to "yellowish" for my skin. I rarely use the Grimas make up, I bought it for "special" make up effects like my skeleton or broken doll looks.

Brushes


Not very exciting, but very important of course :'D Here you see most of them right after washing so the tips are a bit weird. The big ones on the left and the smaller one with the brown tip I use for powder and contouring. The purple ones are all from Essence and I use them for eye shadows. The Ebelin brush in the middle is what I use for applying liquid stuff like eye shadow base or concealer. The black brush in the middle has a roundish but very precise tip (you can't see it very well here) that I use to draw my eyebrows for every day looks, where I want them to look soft. The black brush in the right I use for white eyeshadow exclusively. Then there's two "eyeliner" brushes, though I rarely use them anymore because my favorite gel eyeliner isn't sold anymore. I use the blue brush for pigments (wet application and with pigment base) mostly.

Highlighter & Rouge


It's really a shame how rarely I use these, because they're all so nice. But with my skin I have enough problems to cover all the red and shiny spots as it is, and I feel like highlighting looks really terrible on me. As for rouge, my cheeks are reddened most of the time anyway, so after I finally get them covered, I rarely bother to put on some fake color on top. However, from time to time, I use these. Except for the Catrice one in the middle. I should probably throw that one out for good :'D

So pwetty ;___; Such a shame they look so horrid on my skin XD

Contouring 


It's probably a weird thing to do but yes, I use eye shadows for contouring. My product of choice is a brown eye shadow from a palette (shown later) and after I hit the pan I tried to look for replacement (because I almost exclusively use this single color from the palette and don't wanna buy the whole thing). The one in the middle would be perfect but it's pressed too hard so it gives off too little pigment when using soft brushes. So for contouring my (non existing) cheek bones I use that kind of mocca-brown from Catrice. All the other stuff I use for blending it all together, the powder especially in such spots where concealer + loose powder weren't enough to cover my blemishes, and for example under my eyes.

"Basic basics"


Since the products I use are not exactly of the highest quality, I often have to rely on tricks to make the colors more vibrant and opaque. The eye shadow base on the left is quite okay for every day wear, it prevents some eyeshadows from "creeping" into the fold of the eye lid and such. The Colour ARTs base is amazing for pigments, I use it to make glitter eye liner looks like this one. The white pen and "eye soufflé" are really useful to provide an opaque underground for not-so-well pigmented eyeshadows. The white really makes colors pop! The soufflé, though, I've also mostly used with "effect" make ups like the one in the pervious entry.

Eyeliners, Kajals....


Aaaand here's all the other stuff. On the very left are two "eyeshadow pens" that I rarely use because one is silver (a color I barely use at all) and the other is white but doesn't cover very well. The tip of the pen has the additional disadvantage that blending with other eye shadows is extremely difficult to achieve without getting the tip all stained. So the next time you apply the white eyeshadow, you get the color from before everywhere... well it's just not very convenient. Of the liquid eye liners, I think I never actually used the two glitter ones, because they're rather low "pigmented" (i.e. when you apply them it's mostly gel and little glitter) and I prefer to do such things with pigments myself. I really love the gold one though, but I feel like gold belongs to the winter season for some reason :'D It's a nice eye catcher for Christmas though. The black liquid eye liner is what I started to use when I realized that my gel eyeliner was running low and the brand didn't produce that one any more. I'm really talentless with liquid eyeliner, and I also don't like that it gets so "shiny" when it dries, but I have yet to find a suitable alternative for my beloved gel liner. The pen with the Fleur de Lis is from Gothmetic and I really, really, love it, but I think I'm slightly allergic to it. I only use it when I have to "draw" some details or sometimes to fill in spots between my lashes that I didn't get with the eyeliner brush. The two eye liner pens and eye brow pencil are pretty self explanatory I guess. 

 Mascara


Ugghhh how I hate mascara! All those I've tried and really liked are kinda expensive (like the one from Estée Lauder in the front which is more or less empty, I only keep it because I just don't have the heart to throw it away), and because I'm a cheap bastard I end up buying super cheap ones that make me totally unhappy - like the one in the back which makes my lashes so brittle I have to fear they'll crumble into dust when I remove my make up. The one in the middle I kept mostly for nostalgia, it's from Gothmetic and the lace pattern on the outside is so pretty - or was, before it came off :( The mascara is still okay, though a little bit dry so I don't really like to use it... (yeah, I should probably just throw it away.)


~:EYESHADOWS:~
(probably the most interesting part :'D)

Nudes


Why do I have so many of those? I have too many of those.... In my defense, these are probably the only single eye shadows I really use regularly. The white one I use with almost very look (it took me a while to find a half decently opaque white eyeshadow in the drug store price range). and the others mostly when I go for a natural look without eye liner or a type of "dolly eye" make up where I need a shimmery color to emphasize the center of the eye lid. I have a faible for shimmery things I guess :>

But they are JUST SO PWETTYYY! 

Colors!


Just let me not think about the fact that with a single palette from a decent brand like Sleek or Sugarpill I could probably replace all of those and wouldn't have to layer them like crazy with a white base. The Gothmetic one is pretty decent actually (and also matte!) but unfortunately the shade of red has a very pinkish hue and that's not always what I want with red. Don't get me wrong, they're all pretty much okay but I feel like they're produced for the European market where most people like their shades "toned down" and "not too flamboyant". For whatever reason you'd want a yellow or green eye shadow that is not opaque eludes me, but whatever.

50 Shades of F*cking Purple


Why do I have so many purple eye shadows?! (and there's even more counting the colors from palettes) I think I wonder about this every time I look at them. Then I look more closely and realize "Oh, but they're not all the same! Look how this this one has silver glitter, and this one has a copper shimmer and this one has pink glitter and...." so I decide to use them more often again. And then I realize again why I haven't been using them for ages - because they're pigmented as shit. (Not in the literal sense of course! I mean, really, really badly!). Except for the top left one, which I use to layer over a better pigmented eyeshadow (pink glitter on black looks pretty cool!) and the lower left one, which is a pretty "neutral" shade of purple that can be used for nude looks, I think I'll throw them all out sooner or later. Again, what the hell is wrong with you, product development people? Why do you produce a purple eyeshadow with silver glitter that glitters flamboyantly as fuck and spreads its fancy glitterness all over my cheeks when I apply it - BUT MAKE IT SO BADLY PIGMENTED?!

Whatever the hell that color would be called - teal?


Ahhh those two little treasures! The right one is one of my all time favorites, while the color is not very impressive alone (and also very sheer), it looks gorgeous when layered on top of another color. I especially like to use it on top of black eyeshadow for heavy smoky eye looks. The one on the left blends together into some dark teal-blue-green color. Both are extremely beautiful, but I am somehow always resistant to wear shimmering eye shadows. For some reason I feel like it does not flatter my eye lid shape, though I'm sure that's nonsense. Come to think of it, I might just try to wear those two tomorrow, they're seriously underused treasures of my collection.

Palettes ♥
The most - but overall still somehow under-used objects in my collection.



On the left we now have the palette I've been talking to you before - the one I use for contouring. The pan on the upper left broke and crumpled, it was a very light beige, more like off white or enamel white, that I only used for blending. On the upper right is the color I mainly use for contouring my nose. For my cheek bones I use the color below. For the glittery brown I rarely find any application. I think I bought the black equivalent of this quad when I was looking for some matte eye shadow to do my eyebrows for daily looks. This is also more or less the only of the four that I use. Mostly because all four of them are rather badly pigmented and without a black base pretty much useless (except for maybe highlighting and blending)


This palette, "Moonlight Shimmer", is actually pretty cool and I'm not really sure why I use it so rarely (I won this in a giveaway). All of the colors are useful and well pigmented, but as mentioned before, I somehow feel a bit uncomfortable with very glittery/shimmery eye shadows. I guess I could make more use of the two brown shades at least....


Finally - my two babies! :3 Sorry that they're so messy but you can see how well loved the are, hehe. Though I don't use them a lot I absolutely adore them. The Sunset palette (on the right) is so versatile, I used it for nude looks as well as "flashing" and fiery ones. The turquoise is amazing. And Sleek's black is the blackest black I ever had, and I love to draw my eyebrows with it (I just don't do it every day because I don't wanna "waste" it, haha). I do consider some of the shades kinda "redundant" because some of the intermediate colors could be achieved by mixing/layering two others, but I bought both palettes directly in the UK for a very good price so I can't complain. There is absolutely nothing comparable here that offers such quality for a similar price. As for the Bad Girl palette (left), I wish I had more chances to wear more "dramatic" looks with dark colors such as those!

Pigments
You probably realized by now that I love glitzy stuff but never really wear it :'D


Okay, it shames me to say this but out of those 10 pigments I actually only ever used 4 or so. Especially the three on the right side... I actually forgot I even had them.


Glitter! Because I love to give you close ups of glitter. Okay, so these are what I use together with pigment base to create "glitter eye liner" effects. It's super effective and looks better than any pre-made glitter eye liner I ever saw. They actually shimmer in two different colors, for example the yellow particles also have orange in them and the pink one have blue. 


Purple again ò.ó I don't know why I even have this, since if I use it at all I mainly use it for every day looks because the color is rather dull and the coverage not the best. The sheer is pretty but overall it's just too similar to other purples I have and I should probably give it away. The turquoise pigment on the other hand - oh boy, do I love it. Used wet, it looks absolutely magical


Those three little orphans are actually quite pretty to look at them. Especially the purple. However, they are better suited on top of some other eye shadow than stand-alone. When I want something to glitter so intensely, I also want an intense color. Otherwise, from the wrong angle, most of the make up could turn basically invisible. I have to experiment a bit with different combinations and applications though, maybe I'll find a way to use them that makes me happy.


~:LIP PRODUCTS:~
Used so rarely, I won't have to worry about using up my favorites any time soon.

Lipsticks


Ughh.... I really don't use them often enough... but I love all of them! My main problem is that 1) my lips are almost always chapped and even if I get them a lot of care so I can wear lip stick and it looks nice, after a few hours they will be chapped again so I cannot re-apply it :< and 2) my lips are very thin and asymmetrical, so I feel a bit self conscious about wearing "bold" or dark lip colors. 

 That one on the far right looks actually horrible on my lips because of all the glitter. Maybe I should get rid of it.

Lipglosses


I use those even less often than lip sticks :'D Except for the red one from Manhatten - it turns a nice, matte red color that's also very long lasting. As for all the others, I usually don't like it when my lips are "sticky", my hair always gets caught in the gloss and I can't eat or drink while wearing it. And in order to prevent my lips from looking chapped I would have to drink more so... it's kind of a vicious circle! Anyhow, from time to time I use one or the other for taking a nice photo or something. My favorites are the two red ones, the purple glitter gloss in the middle and the "Stay with me", which is a sheer pink. The three small ones in the back are also very sheer but I like the effect of the slight color hue - green cancels red, so it makes the lips appear more pale. Lilac makes them appear a bit grayish, which I also like a lot. Generally I like it when my lips look a bit "dead" so to say :'D



~:LASHES:~


Hurr, looks a bit messy, sorry for that! Well, my collections is not very extensive, and as I don't wear them very often, I usually keep them quite long. I bought the ones from She just a while ago after one of the lashes of my favorite pair (lower right) disintegrated, but I was pretty disappointed because they are not very good. On the upper ones, the band is so thin that it's almost impossible to apply them without three hands (one with tweezers at each end and a third to apply some pressure to make it stick), and the lower ones are opposite - the band is so rigid that when you apply them they will point downwards and as they're pretty short will hardly be visible. Well, I'll try to apply them a couple more times I guess, ultimately they won't last long from the look of it anyway. I currently don't have any lower lashes, which is quite sad because my own lashes are so thin and short that for any kind of dramatic or "dolly" look I would really need them. I still have to find some that I really like and that I can afford, though :'D
Sidenote: I just noticed how Asian manufacturers seem to want you to look at the product in the same direction as you apply it, wher as EU/US (?) manufacturers want you to look at the package like you would see the lashes on another person or something o.o Intersting.


~:NAILPOLISH:~

I'm not really good when it comes to nail art (exhibit A: the photo above with my derpy strawberry nail art that looks more like fly agaric actually), but that never kept me from "collecting" nail polish as if I had not only 2 hands but 20. However, usually I use most of them at least once a year on some occasion or another. I'm just not very talented when it comes to really designing anything and also usually not patient enough to pull it off when I come up with a nice idea. Not to mention the shaky hands :'D Oh well.

Basics & Nudes


Yeah. Not much to say here. The pink and lilac ones in the round bottles have shimmer particles. When it comes to nail polish, I can't ever have enough glitter, in contrast to anything in contact with my face :'D

Glitter / Top Coats


Did I mention I like glitter? Oh boy, sometimes I wish I could just cover my body in one of those. It would look so fabulous. I like to wear nail polish in a basic color and then use a glitter top coat only on one or two nails, like the ring finger and thumb, as an eye catcher :3

Close up: those three in the middle are not the same! One is a pink, pearly and very fine glitter, the other is a more salmon-colored glitter with larger particles and the far right one has glitter in various different colors. Like I said, totally different.

Pink, Purple, Red


For some reason I wear those colors very rarely, despite having so many different ones. I love the glitter polish on the far right though, and use it quite frequently because it's amazing. The red is very sheer but the glitter is lovely. Same goes for the purple glitter polish in the middle. Definitely two of my favorites.

Blue and Green


I don't know why but I think I never even wore the one on the far left, despite the fact that it looks amazing. But if you know me you know that I have problems wearing colors that don't match perfectly, so I have issues with dark blue + black. And since most of my clothes are black.... Well, anyway. The turquoise and the two greens I think I never used for anything but "nail art", but I think the turquoise is actually a pretty nice color. Should paint my nails more often and try it some time.

...aaaand all that other stuff.


The one on the far right is probably the oldest nail polish I have, but guess what - after about 7 years or so it still works like magic! The glittery black one in the middle is actually pretty cool because the glitter particles are green, pink and silver. However, they look nice in the bottle but are almost invisible on the nails... I usually paint my nails black and then add only a very thin layer on top, so it's much more visible. It's also one of the nail polishes I use when I do galaxy nails. Huh. All this talk about nail polish really makes me wanna paint my nails more often, but lately they just kept breaking all the time, and it's just less fun to paint short nails in my opinion.....





Well well.... this is it! We're at the end! If you endured this entry thus far, kudos to you, haha! I hope it was interesting to some extent (I guess if it wasn't you'd have quit reading a while ago, so, yeah....).  Well, thanks for reading, and if you have any questions to a particular product let me know ^^

Have you blogged about your make up collection at some point? If so, leave me a link! I'm curious :D


PS: Only 2 more likes till I reach 100 over at my facebook fanpage... will you help me reach 100? :D It's an easy way to follow my blog if you don't use any other network like google+ or bloglovin or any reader!

23 comments:

  1. Da hast du schon versucht, deine Sammlung zu verkleinern, und dann ist es immer noch so viel. Ich werd nie verstehen, wie man so viel Schminke besitzen kann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es ist eben ein Hobby, wie jedes andere auch ^^ Ich hab auch zahlreiche Copics, Buntstifte, Pastellkreiden und andere Zeichenmaterialien die ich noch viel seltener verwende als die Produkte hier. Trotzdem bin ich froh dass ich sie habe, denn wenn mich mal die Lust zum Zeichnen überkommt bin ich zB auch froh wenn ich mir orange nicht erst aus gelb und rot anmischen muss :D

      Delete
  2. Vieles von dem was du hast, hab ich auch! :D Vor allem die Sleek Paletten. Die Bad Girl ist eine meiner liebsten Paletten. Ich hab letztens auch aussortiert, weil ich einfach viel zu viel hatte, dass ich nie benutzt hab. Aber ich hab es nicht übers Herz gebracht, irgendwas von Sleek wegzuwerfen. Ich müsste glaub ich so 12 Stück von denen haben .__:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooow 12 Stück? Woher hast du deine, im Internet bestellt? Ich hätte echt gern eine mit knalligen, bunten Farben (am Besten matt), und überlege schon länger mir da doch was von Sleek zu holen, da es vom Preis-Leistungsverhältnis her wirklich super ist.

      Delete
  3. wow... das ist... viel :D
    Aber ich sammle genauso lila Lidschatten und ehrlich.. keine Ahnung, wieso O_o so oft kann ich das gar nicht tragen, ich hab nicht mal was, was dazu passen würde. Und ich hab außerdem bestimmt... 4 schwarze Lidschatten und dazu dann noch 2 oder 3 schwarze Pigmente, mit verschiedenem Glitzer. Ja, die brauch ich alle! Ganz dringend! :`D

    Nagellack sammel kann ich auch. Oh, ich hab soo hübsche Lacke, mit Glitzer und Sand Style und bunt und toll... und ich trage eigentlich IMMER nur Nude, weil ich auf der Arbeit keinen bunten Lack haben darf ^^; Und am Wochenende bin ich dann zu faul, was mit Glitzer zu machen, weil es so viel Mühe ist, das wieder abzumachen und da lohnt es sich für 2 Tage gar nicht.

    Ich muss auch mal so eine Auflistung machen und vielleicht mal aussortieren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dabei "sammel" ich lila Lidschaten gar nicht wirklich, aber ich Depp scheine auch beim 5. Mal noch hinzugreifen wenn so ein Teil in der Abverkauf-Krimskrams-Kiste bei DM liegt XD

      Das mit der Arbeit verstehe ich total! Ich trag ja in der Arbeit meist Handschuhe und das ruiniert die Nägel sowieso (macht sie auch total weich und brüchig...) daher trage ich auch in letzter Zeit so wenig Nagellack :(

      Zum Thema "viel": Wenn ich bedenke dass ich vor 5 Jahren genau 1 schwarzen Lidschatten, Flüssigeyeliner und Wimperntusche besaß und sonst nichts.... ja ^^" Aber insgesamt denke ich dass man wenn man gerne make up kauft und "sammelt" die eigene Sammlung durchaus unterschätzt. Eingeräumt in meinen Schminktisch sieht es nicht nach so viel aus, wie es jetzt in diesem Post den Eindruck macht. Die Lade von meinem Ikea-Schminktisch ist vielleicht halb voll (Wimpern und Basisprodukte wie Foundation und Puder habe ich allerdings außerhalb der Lade).

      Delete
  4. Das is wirklich nicht wenig Kosmetika, aber ich hab irgendwie trotzdem das Gefühl, dass das nicht alles sein kann. Ich überleg die ganze Zeit, ob irgendwas fehlen könnte, aber eigentlich hast du [von den Teilbereichen her] ja eigentlich alles aufgezählt. Ich weiß nicht, wieso, aber irgendwie hab ich nicht mehr Zeug erwartet :D Als ob das oben gezeigte nicht schon reichen würde...

    Ich kann mich noch echt gut erinnern, als der Highlighter aus der Moonlight-LE rauskam und alle wie verrückt drauf abgingen XD Hab ihn auch selber gekauft und inzwischen zwar aufgebraucht, aber irgendwie tut es mir nicht leid drum. Ich kann mit Glitzer und Schimmer im Gesicht nichts mehr anfangen... Fürs Highlighten nehm ich da lieber ein reinweißes Puder von alverde, das es zu Fasching gab. Das deckt und mattiert so toll <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich glaub viele Leute haben mehr unterschiedle Foundations (zumindest von den Posts in der Art die ich bisher so gesehen habe) zum Beispiel :D
      Ja dieser doofe Highlighter... ich hab mein Gesicht auch lieber matt, einfach weil meine Haut eh schon so blöd und unebenmäßig ist dass ich das nicht auch noch betonen will. Aber ich guck mir das Geglitzer irgendwie einfach viel zu gerne an glaub ich .____."

      Delete
  5. Haha ich finde das ist gar nicht so viel, da habe ich glaube ich einiges mehr *gg* Aber ich stimme dir in dem Punkt zu dass es mich auch nervt wenn man Sachen herumliegen hat die man eh nie benutzt, aber wenn ich it irgendetwas nicht zufrieden bin dann stelle ich es direkt bei ebay ein oder verschenke es weiter, bzw. bringe es zurück wenn ich es bei dm gekauft habe. Schwach pigmentierte Lidschatten finde ich auch extrem ätzend. Aber wenn du so viele ähnliche günstige Produkte hast die alle "nichts" taugen und du sie dann doch nicht benutzt solltest du vielleicht mal überlegen ob es dann nicht doch sinnvoller ist einmal etwas mehr auszugeben für ein gutes Produkt das danna uch auf anhieb funktioniert udn dir gefällt, denn selbst wenn jeder Lidschatten nur 1,95 € oder so kostet, wenn du 6 davon kaufst udn dann ist immernoch nicht das richtige dabei dann hättest du auch gleich einen etwas teureren kaufen können. Das ist so die Erfahrung die ich gemacht habe und mittlerweile überlege ich mir das auch immer ganz genau was ich kaufe und was nicht und warte dann lieber ab und spare auf ein Markenprodukt bei dem ich mich dann beim benutzen freue statt 3 von Essence & Co. zu kaufen bei denen ich mich jedes mal nur ärgere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich hab heute auch eine Ladung ausgemustertes Zeug an meine Schwester und Muter verschenkt. manchmal brauch ich zwei Anläufe um etwas wirklich loszuwerden, beim ersten mal durchsehen denke ich noch "ach vielleicht kannst du es ja doch brauchen..." und beim zweiten Mal erinnere ich mich dass ich es seitdem nicht verwendet habe und dann landet es auf dem "kann weg" stapel :D den lila lidschatten wird es nun vermutlich auch allen bis auf 2 an den kragen gehen und ich werde sie verschenken, weil im pfännchen sind sie zwar hübsch aber an meinem auge sehen sie am ende sowieso alle gleich aus weil schlecht pigmentiert XD
      Was das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis betrifft, so habe ich eigentlich seit... hm.... ich weiß gar nicht wann ich zuletzt lidschatten gekauft habe. ich glaube den weißen von Manhatten im Februar, und davor war laaaange lange nichts, die Pigmente aus der LE hab ich damals in Finnland von BloodyJules geschickt bekommen und davor hab ich mich echt immer zurück gehalten. Ich hab die lila Lidschatten wirklich über die letzten 4 Jahre oder so angesammelt und es nie übers Herz gebracht sie wegzugeben, es war also weniger eine "Suche nach dem Perfekten" als ein Impulskauf à la "Ohhh ist der schön!". Ich überlege mittlerweile auch vor jedem Kauf dreimal ob ich es wirklich will/brauche, nur am Ende kaufe ich dann eben kein Markenprodukt sondern gar nichts, weil ich einfach allgemein im Moment kein Geld für Kosmetik ausgeben will/kann XD
      Das letzte was ich gekauft habe war das Schimmerpuder im Abverkauf (ich kauf Kosmetik eig. fast nur im Abverkauf), vermutlich auch nicht so klug weil meine naive Hoffnung dass sich mein Hautbild irgendwann spontan noch bessert wohl kaum aufgehen wird, aber ich lief wirklich 4 mal dra vorbei und fand es wunderschön, und für unter 2€ konnte ich es dann beim 5. Mal nicht liegen lassen - und wenn ich es wirklich gar nicht verwende, geht es sowieso an meine Mutter oder Schwester oder sonstwen :)
      Aber ich verstehe absolut was du meinst, ich denke auch dass ich wohl demnächst mal einfach in eine gute, bunte Palette investieren werde und dann kann ich eh schon wieder einen Haufen der Lidschatten ersetzen bzw weiterverschenken und bin auf lange Sicht zufriedener XD

      Delete
  6. haha, ich nutz auch immer Eyeshadow zum contouring :D
    Meine Kosmetik besteht auch überwiegend aus Drogeriemarken, aber ich find das gar nich schlimm. Kommt doch drauf an, wie man damit umgeht / umgehen kann ;)
    Die Wimperntusche von Essence is im Preis/Leistungsverhältnis die beste der Marke. Hab die auch ewig für den Alltag benutzt, wenn es sich einfach nich lohnt, teure Wimperntusche (ich nutz welche von Beyu), aber jetzt bin ich auf eine von P2 umgestiegen (gibt's ja in Ö leider nich :/)
    Mag den Post also :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das stimmt natürlich :) Manche Sachen aus dem bereich sind auch echt nicht schlecht, zum Beispiel Nagellacke - da gibts vielleicht bei höheren Preisen dann noch Qualitätsunterschiede und bei den billigen muss man vllt. länger warten bis sie trocknen, aber optisch gibt es so unfassbar viele schöne Lacke in diesem Preisbereich!

      Eine Essence Mascara hatte ich davor (schwarz mit gelber Aufschrift...?) aber die Bürste war mir etwas zu unhandlich, ich konnte meine unteren Wimpern so schlecht damit tuschen ohne mich komplett anzuschmieren. Aber ansonsten war sie echt gut, da stimme ich dir zu. Wenn ich diese aufgebraucht habe werde ich wohl auch wieder Essence nachkaufen.
      P2 gibt es sogar in Österreich - allerdings nur bei einigen wenigen Palmers (Unterwäsche) Geschäften in Wien XD

      Delete
  7. +++ BREAKING +++
    Police in Lower Austria and Vienna is looking for suspects due to a series of robberies at cosmetics stores around the area.
    Because of the large amounts of stolen goods it is believed that the robbers are at least a gang of three supposedly female individuals.
    Further information could not be retrieved from witnesses because, quote, "It all happened so fast. [They] walked up to the POS in this gorgeous dress and lovely wig, and while I was still admiring the stockings ... she ... they ... please, I can't talk about it right now. It's just too cruel. THEY TOOK EVERYTHING! How's my daughter supposed to do her make up. I can't let her go to school without make-up, she's only 8," unquote.
    Any kind of information regarding possible suspects will be thankfully received at your local ██████████nd rewarded wi███████IPA gift card███████████████████████████████████████████████shit███████pilt the nail polish remov██████████████████
    █++

    Das ist...das "sinnvollste", das ich draus machen könnte. X'D
    Richtig angewendet sieht Makeup HAMMER aus, aber ich kann mit den Produkten selbst absolut nichts anfangen. Mir gefallen zwar einige Farben, aber ansonsten ist es erstaunlich, wie wenig ich dabei fühle, wenn ich mir das alles ansehe und durchlese. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tahaha XD Beruhigt es dich zu wissen dass ich das Zeug über eine Dauer von 5 Jahren angesammelt habe? ^^ Make up ist irgendwie wie ein Stapel Zeitschriften - man denkt sich "Ach da war doch ein nettes Rezept, das heb ich mal auf" oder "Den Artikel les ich später noch" und nach einiger Zeit stellt man fest dass sich da ein fetter Packen angesammelt hat der zu einem Großteil eigentlich total uninteressant geworden ist. Dann kommt die große Ausmusterung...
      Ich hab während meiner Zeit in Krems viel "Kompensationsgekauft" und all das Make up dass ich die Jahre davor nicht konsumiert habe auf einen Rutsch ausprobiert und experimentiert. Am Anfang als ich diesen Blog gestart hab waren in meinem Besitz genau ein schwarzer Lidschaten, ein Eyeliner und eine Wimperntusche. Aber Krems ist jetzt vorbei und ich habe in der Zeit davor und danach zusammengerechnet wohl nie so viel Schminkzeug gekauft wie in den 2 Jahren dort :D

      Und ich hab viel von dem Zeug auch wirklich nur weil ich ihm gerne beim Glitzern zusehe :3 Das ist der Grund warum ich so auf Glitzernagellack stehe XD

      Delete
    2. Jeder Nerd weiß wie es ist, wenn man ständig Zeug kauft, das irgendwie mit dem liebsten Hobby zu tun hat, aber das man zu Hause dann (wenn überhaupt) nur 5 Min. ansieht. XD
      Ob's nun Spiele sind, Bücher DVDs, Kleidung, Make-Up oder von mir aus auch Werkzeug oder whatever.
      Du hast dir also nichts vorzuwerfen, zumal das Zeug ja zumindest theoretisch auch einen praktischen Nutzen hätte. ^^

      Delete
  8. Ich find's auch gar nicht mal so arg viel. Meine Menge an Make-Up ist wohl ähnlich groß (außer Nagellack, da dürfte ich bald die 100 geknackt haben ._.), dabei kaufe ich wirklich kaum was. Gerade bei Lidschatten weiß ich gar nicht wo meine alle herkommen?! Die brauchen sich noch dazu halt kaum auf.
    Ich schmachte auch regelmäßig wie eine Elster Glitzerkram an - i feel you xD aber ich bin vernünftig genug nichts zu kaufen!
    Was ich wirklich fast nie nutze sind Lippenstifte (habe aber trotzdem irgendwie viele). Ich habe einfach arge Schwierigkeiten meine Oberlippe zu schminken. Ungeschminkt mag ich meinen Mund, geschminkt sieht's seltsam aus. Damit's mir gefällt müsste ich über die Kontur hinausmalen und das mach ich lieber nur mit so lastforever-Produkten, die halten nämlich meistens, denn das mit gewöhnlichem Lippenstift wieder nachzuschminken ist irgendwie blöd in der Öffentlichkeit (du kennst das Gefühl vielleicht, statt einfach nur Lippenstift nachlegen 'ne halbe Schminksession hinzulegen ist irgendwie unangenehm). Und ehrlich gesagt.. ich habe keine Ahnung welche Farben mir überhaupt stehen. 95% der Sachen die ich mir gekauft habe sehen scheiße an mir aus ;_;

    Ich hab jetzt auf jeden Fall total Lust darauf mich mehr zu schminken, auszuprobieren (glitzeriges Zeug zu kaufen und nicht zu benutzen x3) und auch so einen Post zu schreiben, nur würde es bei mir wohl kaum jemanden interessieren vermute ich >.<

    Aussortieren würde ich auch gerne, aber Wegschmeißen ist mir sehr zuwider und ich habe niemanden dem ich etwas schenken könnte :<

    blablala, zu langes Kommi ist zu lang X_x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bei den Lippen geht es mir genauso! (bloß dass ich meine Lippen auch ungeschminkt nicht wirklich mag XD)
      Ich habe so das Gefühl dass ich mir leichter tue mit dunklen Farben als nude Tönen oder "natürlichen" Farben weil ich da mit nem Lipliner genauere "Kanten" malen kann, und soe die Form besser bestimmen kann. Meine Haut ist auch ziemlich sensibel so dass ich wenn ich mit nem Lipliner vorzeichne dann oft Rötungen an den stellen habe, und gerade bei so hellen Farbtönen sieht das dann immer ganz besonders bescheiden aus wenn man noch ne rote Umrahmung rundherum hat XDD
      Also mich würde so in Post schon interessieren, ich finds immer spannend zu sehen was andere Leute in ihren Schränken, Schmickkistchen usw haben ^__^ Ich folge jetzt auch mal deinem Blog :D

      Delete
  9. So krass viel ist es gar nicht. Und wenn schon!
    Ich habe definitv weniger Konturierkram (weil ich noch keinen Bedarf hatte und Gesicht schattieren, wo natürlicherweise keine Schatten sind stelle ich mir zumindest an mir komisch vor ^^) und ich glaub gar kein Rouge, aus dem selben Grund, warum du kaum welchen trägst. Dafür habe ich mehr Glitzerliner (Liebe Liebe Liebe!) und sonst wie viel mehr Nagellack :D und ich liebe meine Sleekpaletten auch über alles, habe aber andere als du :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naja, ich schattiere ja nur da wo eigentlich schatten sein sollten :D Also beim nasenrücken auf höhe der Augen und den Wangenknochen. Gerade an Tagen wo ich ein Mondgesicht habe wirkt es dadurch etwas weniger aufgeblasen XDD

      Delete
  10. Awesome collection, just wonderful! Wish we had essence, Catrice and Alverde available here in Finland, they make the coolest & cutest products!

    Thanks for the fun post! Oh, and I liked your Facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D
      Alverde is really cool because their stuff is mostly made from ingredients from organic farming etc. I think it's a good thing to support :) Essence and Catrice are really useful for "basics" like eyeliner, mascara and such, but looking through my collection I think they're eyeshadows are really hit and miss. However, their nail polishes are great, especially Catrice is really nice!

      It's good to have these brands around, but I also kinda miss some stuff from Finland, like Gina Tricot shops (though I think they have them in Germany?) XD

      Delete
  11. Huhu :D

    Du hast wirklich viele tolle Sachen in deiner Sammlung. Ich finde die Größe deiner Sammlung auch vollkommen ok. Es gibt ja Leute die haben an die 100 Lippenstifte und so xD haha Finde ich aber okay. Muss ja schließlich jeder selber wissen. Ich kauf ja auch immer mal was hier und da und das obwohl ich es oft gar nicht brauche lol

    Die False Lashes die du hast gefallen mir *o*

    LG,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, hehe :D
      Ja ich denke ich habe es nun wirklich auf das reduziert was ich eineigermaßen regelmäßig verwende. Wenn ich jetzt noch 1, 2 bunte Paletten hätte würde ich vermutlich auf die ganzen Mono-Lidschatten überhaupt verzichten und die weggeben :3

      Delete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)