Thursday, October 2, 2014

Picture My Day #16 - Yeah Science, Bitch!

Today was "Picture my Day" day once again (I missed #15 D: But here are the posts of previous PmdDs that I participated in: 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 and 7 ). This time organized by Sumi, she chose this particular date because it would be her first day working at a new company - and coincidentally, it was the same for me!

Some of you might know that I'm starting to work on my Master's thesis now, but since I want to keep a "low profile" about these things in the future for various reasons, I probably won't write about my work in the future. In case you're curious what I'm doing, feel free to message me on my facebook fan page though.

Anyhow, so for those of you who never heard of PmdD - on this day, participants take photos of whatever happens that day, be it super exciting fun stuff or just their regular work day routine. For me, it was more or less both. On one hand, starting at a new work place is of course always exciting, but since I did some pretty routine work on my first day I don't really have very exciting stuff for you to show. But I guess starting with today, this is what most of my workdays will probably look like. If you're curious what it's like - read on! I took the photos with my cell phone, so I apologize in advance for the quality ^^"

"Goooood morning! You awake yet?"



No, I didn't fall asleep while brushing my teeth, I just had a really bad night full of nightmares of losing my new job on the very first day, haha

Shower!

Breakfast. Still on meds but I already feel a lot better!

Tried a new mascara that I bought on Monday. I really like it! (Photo is before application though :'D )

Brushed my hair - ready to go! Damn, my current hair color aggravates me .__. It doesn't match any of my clothes and I don't wanna go all in black all the time >___<

My new job is so close that I need <10min by car there :3 Plus I have a parking spot!

My new work space! Got my own desk, a computer and some space on a work bench. How luxurious :D

Work work. Looking up sequences mostly.
Lunch break - everyone in my group is currently busy writing papers and applications so I went for a short walk alone.

Selfie in the rain! My hood wasn't large enough to protect me from the rain so  my hair decided to go frizzy XD

Campus in the rain. Our campus is actually really beautiful, but with that weather it's hard to enjoy XD

Afternoon work: Primer design.

Walking home. In the rain, lol. This is the view back towards the building where I work :3 The 1st floor window at the far corner is where I sit! The gray building is still under construction.

I hate it when I get waste paper delivered by mail. I rarely get any nice mail at all. On Monday I even got mail from the church because I still didn't do the paperwork to quit and so they ask me to send a confirmation of study every year <__< I should really do that paperwork soon!

At home, my boyfriend had cleaned up the kitchen and we made dinner together :3 "Made" sounds far too elaborate in this context, haha.

Time to get rid of those, my eyes were getting tired from all the time staring at screens.

Signed up for a guided tour through Austria's only - and never put to use - nuclear power plant. I've honestly been looking forward for such a chance ever since I'm 14 or so, now my mum got an invitation :)

Some studying... Really interesting stuff, I wish I could have attended all of the lectures on that subject!

Aaaand time for some recreation, or something! I started to play WoW again last week when I was sick, and now that I've hit lvl 90 and got somewhat decent gear I wanted to try soloing some old content.

Some preparations for the next day - my step dad promised to come by and bring the percussion drill so we can mount my mirror, this frame, some lamps and shelves. Our own drill is too weak for our walls, haha

Time to call it a day.

Still using that stuff because my throat looks like I swallowed a piece of barbed wire or something. At least it doesn't hurt so much anymore.

The sharkies are already waiting for me to come to bed! Pajama party, yay!


A rather average day I guess, but there's gotta be those too, right? :) I'm looking forward to my work at the new job though, I can't possibly show you in pictures or explain how excited I am about my project and the work I'll be doing there! Anyway, I should go to bed or I'll probably look like a zombie again tomorrow :'D

How was your day? ^__^

15 comments:

  1. So much science, so DNA, wow :D
    Haha und wie mir die Bildschirme immer bekannt vorkommen :D
    Dass mit dem vielen Platz ist toll :) hoffentlich läufts gut für dich auf der neuen Arbeit. :) Haben sie dich gut aufgenommen? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ja die Nukleotidsequenzen haben mich teilweise bis in meine Träume verfolgt XD Die neue Arbeit ist toll - alle sind super nett und hilfreich, vor allem ist die Betreuung ganz toll und ich fühl mich weder über- noch unterfordert! :D Ich hoffe es bleibt so ^^

      Delete
  2. Uii, klingt als hätte es dir schonmal gar nicht schlecht gefallen, find ich super! Mein Tag war ganz okay, ich muss die Bilder auf jeden Fall nachher nochmal schnell aktualisieren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es war richtig toll! Zwar auch anstrengend, aber ich bin wirklich froh über die Stelle ^___^

      Delete
  3. An diesem Teich hab ich schon als Kind gespielt. Kenne das Gelände und die Gebäude besser, als so manch anderer. Liegt aber vermutlich auch daran, dass meine Mutter dort gearbeitet hat. ;) BTW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunkelelb/6350998095/in/photolist-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, das Foto ist toll!!
      Ich kenne das "alte" Gelände eigentlich kaum, bin nur halt immer am Schulweg dran vorbeigefahren, aber der Campus jetzt ist schon toll, da fühlt man sich einfach wohl. Schade ist es nur für die ehemaligen Patienten, die es ja in Tulln bei weitem nicht so schön haben :( Die Oma von meinem Freund hat auch dort gearbeitet, und erzählt immer wieder mal von früher, hat auch noch ab und zu Kontakt zu machen Patienten usw.

      Delete
    2. Also ich viele Fotos vom alten Gelände. Du würdest es nicht wiedererkennen. Der Campus jetzt ist der Wahnsinn. Ich gehe oft dort spazieren. Ich muss dabei immer an Black Mesa von Half Life denken. ;) Die Patienten tun mir auch sehr leid, denn in Tulln ist es wirklich nicht schön. Die Künstler sind ja aber zum Glück noch oben im Künstlerhaus und zeichnen brav weiter. Habe sogar ein Bild von einem der Künstler in meinem Zimmer hängen. :) Na da wird die Oma von deinem Freund vermutlich auch meine Mutter kennen. :) Ich kenne noch die ganzen alten Geschichten der Einrichtung die mir meine Großmutter (die auch dort gearbeitet hat) erzählt hat. Die sind aber nichts für schwache Nerven. Naja auf jeden Fall sag ich immer, es gibt keinen Ort auf der Welt wo Genie und Wahnsinn so nah zusammen liegt wie eben jetzt dort. :D

      Delete
  4. Du hast ja viele schöne Fotos gemacht :0 ich verpeil das immer total >.<
    Ich hoffe du hast Spaß an deinem neuen Job :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leider sind sie nicht besonders spannend :'D Gerade die Arbeitsfotos... aber naja, es ist definitiv spaßiger als es aussieht!! ^^

      Delete
  5. Was arbeitest du denn genau, scheint als wenn man da eckige Augen kriegt, bei den kleinen Zeilen?

    Aber ein schöner PmD. Und deine Haarfarbe find ich toll.

    LG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die meisten Zeilen muss man gar nicht genau lesen können, dann sind Gen-Sequenzen die ich mir aus Datenbanken rauskopiert habe und dann gewisse Ausschnitte raussuche usw. Funktioniert viel mit STR+C, Suche im Dokument usw. ^^ Außerdem ist der Bildschirm ja recht groß, da geht das schon! Ich arbeite in einem Labor, im Bereich Genetik so grob gesagt :D ist also auch nicht nur PC arbeit, nur halt anfangs viel Planung ^^

      Und danke für deinen Kommentar! ^^

      Delete
  6. Wie toll! Vorallem deine Haarfarbe und die Haie <3333 ich liebe die Plüschies. Leider hab ich den Tag wieder verplant xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wie schön sieht es denn bitte da aus, wo du arbeitest!
    Deine neue Haarfarbe finde ich im übrigen wirklich ganz ganz toll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huhu^^

    Ich habe dir den Best Blog Award verliehen. Wenn du magst, schau mal auf meinen Blog. Dort warten 11 Fragen auf dich!

    LG, Jade

    http://wonderland-poetry.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)