Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sultry Thursday: Comfort Zone

After what feels like a hundred years, last week end I decided to grab my brushes and put on some make up again!


The occasion is the "Sultry Thursday" project initiated by Godfrina from Kalter Kaffee. I currently don't really have a lot motivation (or inspiration) to do make up, so I welcomed the idea of having a set of "rules" to stick to. Gofrina's project currently doesn't have a set of colors as prerequisite, instead she chose a palette - in my eyes a great idea to collect ideas what to do with the colors of such a palette!

At first I was hesitant to participate because I don't even own Wet'n'Wild's Comfort Zone palette. It looks really pretty though, and when I came to think about it I noticed that I have quite similar colors somewhere in my make up collection. So in the end, I decided to give it a try, and this is what I came up with!




While the look isn't exactly super sultry, I was limited by the colors that I had available, so I decided to go for a heavy eyeliner to make up for it. I especially love the greensih-iridescent shade from the palette, and I was super lucky that recently, I had bought a somehwat similar eye shadow from a Catrice limited edition. Unfortunately, my "gold" is rather yellow, I think it also has to do with my skin tone that this color just never looks particularly good on me.

So these are the colors that I chose, so you can decide for yourself if I "duped" the Comfort Zone palette well enough with what I had available:

1, 2 and 3 to look somewhat like 1, 2 and 4 here, and 4 to look a little bit like the last one here

1 and 2 are from the Sleek Sunset palette.

 4 was this Catrice eyeshadow. The dark brown is from an Alverde quad.

While the colors I chose are obviously only somewhat similar to the ones of the palette, I hope I could contribute to the idea of collecting ideas what to do with such a palette! This is simply the look that first came to my mind when I saw the colors of the palette and so I tried to imitate it with my own materials :)

I feel like my looks always look much better in the mirror than in real life and as of yet I haven't figured out why D:

Do you like the look I created?
Do you have the Wet'n'Wild Comfort Zone palette? I was considering getting it, but ultimately I don't really wear shimmering colors that much, and the only color I really badly want is that iridescent, shimmering green-red-brown! 
Did you create a look for Godrina's Sultry Thursday too? I'm definitely looking forward to do something for Sultry Thursday again the next time!



6 comments:

  1. Awesome. Na ich bin auf dein Halloween-Kostüm/MakeUp gespannt. Wird sicher wieder der Hammer. :) Fotos, Fotos, Fotos! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankeschön! :D Ich hoffe es wird alles so wie ich es mir vorstelle XD (Wahrscheinlich eh nicht, but anyway ^^)

      Delete
  2. Das sieht toll aus! Ich würd dir so gern meine Comfort Zone in die Hand drücken und gucken was du damit zaubern würdest. Steht dir unglaublich toll und passt zu deinen Augen, solltest du öfter schminken <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha, dankeschön :D Ich mag ja gerade im Herbst Gold, Bronze und solcherlei Töne sehr gerne aber hab irgendwie immer das Gefühlt es passt einfach nicht zu meinem Teint XD Die Comfort Zone sieht wirklich hübsch aus, aber außer dem Duochrome (der ja, wie ich erst im Nachhinein gemerkt habe auch eigentlich ganz anders aussieht als mein "Dupe" ^^") hab ich eigentlich sehr ähnliche Töne in der Sunset Palette finde ich. Sonst hätte ich sie mir für den günstigen Preis vielleicht sogar geholt ^^

      Delete
  3. Awesome look! It looks soo beautiful and I am amazed about your skills using eye liner! So bold and so perfect. Amazingly beautiful. :) Also love the colors you chose! I don't own any Wet'n'Wild palette and I actually did not know anything about the Sultry Thursdays, too. I am not able to do anything great here in Korea since I dont want to buy myself all kinds of eye shadows here. (I have my palettes in Germany) sooo I can't attend the Sultry Thursday. :D But I look forward to more entries from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Das steht dir wirklich total gut! Sehr schön *_*

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)