Saturday, March 7, 2015

Fancy pants (Outfit post)

Heyo my dear readers,

The recent lack of updates is easily explained. I am working my ass of for my Master thesis and still have to take a few exams in parallel to my more-than-full-time job in my research project. When I come home, I either have to study or I'm sod dead tired I collapse on the sofa and just stay there till my body feels equally tired than my mind and I drag myself to bed to sleep. I wish I could live a better life style but at the moment, I just don't have the energy to focus on anything than my current objective: graduate before September.

At the end of March I'll have a few interviews regarding the PhD program I applied for. With this, my future will  more or less be determined. Either I get into the program and have a job starting October - hopefully for the couple of next years - or I don't, and I pretty much don't know what I'd do if I don't. But I have a few alternatives in mind, and while I will probably be devastated if I am rejected, it won't be the end of the world, and just mean that I will follow some rather different plans for my future... but let's see how this will turn out!

In the meantime, here's some outfits I wore lately! The photos are really bad quality because whenever I do have time to wear something nice, I usually don't have the additional time to take nice photos as well... sorry!






I love this dress so much!  I bought it secondhand from Alina a while ago and I wear it so often yet I don't get bored with it. It's perfect for winter and spring because despite the soft chiffon look it's pretty warm. And the floral pattern on black background is so lovely. My hair color didn't match the color of the flowers very well at that time, but I guess I have to get used to that anyway. But my bangs looked kinda rad, no idea how I made them look so fluffy and nice, haha :D



 
 



I finally bought a pair of (fake) Litas (mainly inspired by Asu's numerous awesome outfits where she wears a pair of spiked ones) and wanted to wear them so badly! Unfortunately I had to drive so in the end I had to wear different shoes, but I liked the outfit a lot, so I took a photo of it. This is the most recent pic, and meanwhile my bangs are too long and I have bad looking roots, so I pin my bangs back all of the time. I can't really find the time to cut, bleach and re-dye my hair at the moment, so this will have to do :(
 Other than floral, I'm really into this galaxy-print-theme lately. I know I'm a bit late for that trend but I always wanted a pair of galaxy print leggings... I tried a pair on once and felt horribly out of shape, but perhaps I will get them now anyway. Litas do make my legs look pretty slim and long, after all.




 


Oops, that's quite old actually, from when my hair was completely fresh died. I forgot to post the pics, mainly because they turned out pretty bad and in retrospect I should have ironed the skirt. This stupid skirt is actually one of the reasons I decided to get a clothing iron at all. But I don't have a table for it yet, and ironing on our dining table always seems a bit risky to me, so I'm reluctant to use the iron at all XD


 
 

Last super old one, I'm primarily showing it to show the difference in hair color :) This was after several washes and with fresh bleached roots. I like this color best but it's hard to maintain. After I bleached a second time and decided to re-dye, I used a new dye from Schwarzkopf and it's so highly concentrated that I ended up with the magenta you see above! Next time I know better and will dilute it more, because I think that candy-cotton pastel pink matches way more colors than that magenta I had or hot pink I have now.

Also, what's it with me and blue eyeshadow lately o_O
I used to never wear blue or turquoise because I felt it clashes with my eye color (yes, I'm really weird about matching colors!) but recently, since I get a chance to wear make up so rarely, I mostly use my Sleek palettes because they just are the most vibrant and beautiful eye shadows I have. The Bad Girl palette is pretty dark, and I usually like to add something that "pops" to dark eyeshadow, and the only other palette I have is Sunset, and as I mentioned before I#m weird about colors so of course I currently don't wear the reds at the moment... and apparently go for the turquoise more than usual :D
I really wanna do some make up shopping sometime soon... I decided to get rid of some old and not-so-high quality make up in favor of new, better stuff. Since I don't get a chance to wear make up often lately I really wanna get good results and don't wanna have to improvise, mix, layer and whantnot for ages before I achieve the look I want.
What Sleek palette is your favorite?
Do you have other palettes you could recommend?

16 comments:

  1. Ich mag die Outfits! Und die Facetten, die du mit deinen Outfits immer abdeckst. Das ist eine der vielen Sachen, die dich so symphatisch machen! :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww dankeschön ♥ Ich freue mich dass ich sympathisch erscheine :D

      Delete
  2. sehr coole outfits!!! Und die Strumphose mit den slashes hab ich auch :) xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deine Outfits sind toll! Ich finde das mit dem Blazer/Slashed-Leggings wahnsinnig gut - und diese Schuhe <3 !!!
    ~ Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! ^^ Ich glaube man sieht auch das sich mich in dem Outfit ziemlich wohl gefühlt habe :D Ich brauche mehr solche "Longshirts" und Leggings für den Frühling glaube ich XD Einfach super bequem!

      Delete
  4. Damn you are so cute! ♥
    I love the outfits, the lita-shoes are really a good match with almost anything, good purchase! ;)

    ♥ Frillycakes ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Yes, I love the shoes so much! I also think they make one's legs look really slim, hehe

      Delete
  5. GALAXY PRINT!! <3 (Wir sind noch coolere hipster, weil wir es mögen NACHDEM es cool war!) WO ist dieses galaktische Top her, wenn ich fragen darf? *__*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha true! Ich will jetzt definitiv auch eine Leggings, werden die überhaupt noch hergestellt? XD
      Das Top ist, dem Etikett nach, von Fishbone, also wohl von New Yorker... aber es ist schon älter, habe es einer Freundin abgekauft.

      Delete
  6. ich liebe die ganzen outfits *_* richtig toll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UUUh dein Galaxy Shirt ist toll! Ich steh auch so krass auf alles universumsmäßige :3
    Übrigens gibts auch Bügeldecken, die kannste dann einfach auf deinen Tisch packen ohne irgendwas anzuschmoren ;) und ich drück die Daumen dass bei deiner Master- und Jobsache alles gut geht!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich liebe Galaxy-Prints auch XD Habe mir nun schließlich doch auch so eine Leggings bestellt... ich hoffe sie passt ^^
      So Bügeldecken kenne ich! Daran hab ich auch schon gedacht, muss nur mal eine finden :D Sehr wichtig nehme ich das Thema ja nicht, muss ich gestehen ^^" Ich bin einfach super bügelfaul!

      Delete
  8. Ich freu mich ja nach wie vor immer wieder das Kleid an dir zu sehen. Ich liebe es noch immer und bin froh, dass es bei dir in guten Händen ist.
    Was ist das für ein hübsches Halsband, das du zu dem ersten Outfit trägst? *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww danke ♥ ^__^ Ich denke immer an dich wenn ich es trage :D (klingt jetzt mega creepy... aber ich glaube du weißt wie ichs meine XD)

      Das Halsband hab ich schon länger, hab ich damals bei einem gewinnspiel bei Khaos Kouture bekommen :)

      Delete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)