Thursday, June 30, 2016

Review: DollyEye Rosy Rosa Violet

Hello my dear readers!

It's been a long time since the last lens review - I've had these since winter but because I was working so much I barely found time to doll up and go out, and when I did the light was already abysmally bad. But now summer has come, and the evenings are still bright so I was able to take some photos
for a review :)


With my new raven pendant from Talking To Myself Jewelry


The lenses I am wearing here are DollyEye Rosy Rosa Violet and as usual, they are from Lensvillage.
I picked these lenses because I fell in love with the pattern - as the name of the lens already indicates, it looks like tiny, winding roses. It's really very pretty, and I hoped that the fact that the color fades towards the middle would allow the purple color to blend in with my natural eye color.
They come in several colors and of course with prescription!

To get a better idea how they look on my eye color, here are some close ups:


The pattern is really pretty, but as usual with my natural eye color, the purple does not blend very nicely. It looks almost blueish on my eyes. It's a very cool effect, but also quite the strong contrast. I suppose the color is vibrant enough to show well on dark eyes though, it would probably look better that way! I think for light eyes, the blue or grey version of the lenses might be more suitable.


I look a bit derpy :'D
The problem was, it was quite hard for me to take these pictures. My eyes are super sensitive at the moment, I think I have a kind of light allergy again. The air is just full of pollen and when I wake up in the morning, my eyes are puffy and red D: I managed to get the lenses in and do my make up, but my eyes were incredibly sensitive to light, so I had a hard time taking these photos. I ended up not wearing them for long, but I know from the time I tried them out in winter that in principle, they are fine and quite comfortable in fact!

With a diameter of 14.80mm they are rather on the bigger side I would say (they're printed pretty much all the way to the border). The effect from afar is quite stunning, because the eyes get the appearance of having a very dark limbal ring.
In general, they are not so different from the last lenses I reviewed - Furfur Pearl Prime Violet. I am still hoping to find a purple lens that blends nicely with my natural eye color, but I believe now that to find this effect I would need one that has only a very narrowly printed border, and no black pattern, because these in general tend to stick out much more boldly compared to my natural iris.

I still believe the effect is very cool, probably even stronger than with Furfur Pear Prime lenses, because when looking close up, the little swirly pattern is very beautiful :3

My final verdict:

Color/Design:
★★★★
Enlargement/Effect:
★★★★
Comfort:
★★★★
Overall:
★★★★

I only take away one point from Effect because I expected them to blend a bit better. But I have to admit that it was my own fault for not considering that they are probably too dark for my natural eye color. I have tried several purple lenses now and I cannot really blame them for looking like that, I probably should have known better ^^" But as a matter of fact, I still recommend people with light eye color should probably pick something else if they want a more natural look. If this bold effect is what you are going for though, these are a very good choice with the nice addition of a beautiful pattern that becomes visible when somebody looks you in the eyes :)


Thanks for passing by!
In case your wondering why my blog has been so silent lately, I have a couple of things to blog about, but I need time to edit the photos and write up all the things I experienced... hope I find the time soon!

3 comments:

  1. UUuh! I think they look really nice, even with your natural eye colour! ♥
    You always look like a doll! ^_^

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Endlich mal wieder ein Blogeintrag. Freut mich zu lesen. Auch bei mir fehlt einfach die Zeit um wieder mal einen schöne Text zu verfassen. Ich hätte so vieles, dass ich gerne schreiben würde, aber ich komme einfach nicht dazu. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Endlich mal wieder ein Blogeintrag. Freut mich zu lesen. Auch bei mir fehlt einfach die Zeit um wieder mal einen schöne Text zu verfassen. Ich hätte so vieles, dass ich gerne schreiben würde, aber ich komme einfach nicht dazu. :(

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)